May 22, 2009

Enlightening Thought #32

Well, as of an hour ago, I am an official high school graduate. I've worn my cap and gown through the desert rain, received my diploma, and moved my tassel from the right to the left side of my cap. Whoopdeedoo. In the process, I was slighted throughout the ceremony a couple times. First, I wasn't recognized for having worked as a part of the Sounds of the Community Kids program, despite the fact that I was a member of the original group, before it branched out and expanded. Second, I was not listed as a member of National Honors Society. And the list continues... [Woohoo, being a petty little bitch!]

And that's when it hit me:

Nobody gives a shit about you. They're too busy caring about themselves.



Okay, so I guess the transition was kind of rough [And by that, I mean nonexistent. I kind of jumped straight from my sob story to the moral, with no explanation in between...], but guess what? I'm way too damned tired to explain it to you. Once again, I'm too busy caring about my pathetic life to make this thought more clear.

Once again, nobody cares about my pathetic life to help me, because they're busy bettering their own pathetic lives. And because I'm too busy attempting to better my life, I don't have the time to better your life beyond the point of writing the blog.

It is, quite simply, a production possibilities curve.

Imagine that Good X is "bettering my life" and Good Y is "bettering your life." We're somewhere on the curve between Point D and Point F.

And with that last tidbit of knowledge, I throw you to the wolves, for I am off to care about my stupid self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own bit of wisdom.